Visiting Washington, DC with children adds a level of complexity above and beyond a normal trip. I'm a big fan of spoteneity and immersing yourself in a new experience, but that can often run smack into a wall of "I'm hungry" and "My feet hurt".
Advance planning is a must with kids, with a inverse ratio between the age of the children and the hours of planning required. We can help. Below are some posts discussing the special challanges to visiting our Nation's capital with kids and, as always, don't be afraid to ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org if we don't address your specific needs. After all, chance are if you need the answer, so does someone else.
1.Top ten DC Museums for kids:
- National Building Museum
- National Museum of American History
- National Museum of Natural History
- Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum
- National Gallery of Art
- National Portrait Gallery/Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Air and Space Museum
- Daughters of the American Revolution Museum
- National Postal Museum
- Library of Congress